Sunday, October 4, 2009

Inspiration Point

Back in August, I had received an application for a scholarship in the mail from Red River College. It was for women who are enrolled in programs that are science, math, or technology based. The application form wasn't too long, so I figured why not take a shot? Well during the month of September I totally forgot about it.

Friday, in the mail, I received a letter from them. It was a normal letter sized envelope, so I thought “oh I guess I didn't get it.” When I opened the letter and read it, I was very surprised. It said, "congratulations! you are the recipient of the Training for Tomorrow Educational Award!.” Now even though they give the award to 80 women, I couldn't believe it because 1) I had forgotten about it and 2) I wasn't very hopeful that I would get it. But negativity never gets anyone anywhere!

So the point of this blog is not to boast about the award that I won. The money is sent to directly to RRC, so that means my tuition won't be as much as I thought it would be. That definitely will help me with my money woes, and I am greatly appreciative for that!

But I also just wanted to say that it's always a great idea to apply for any opportunities that may come your way. Even though you may not have faith that you will receive whatever you apply for, you can't obtain anything if you don't try.

So next time you receive an opportunity just think that someone has to be the recipient, and there's no reason why it can't be you!

That was my inspirational speech for this week...thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment