Thursday, March 18, 2010

Follow the North Star and You'll Reach the Burger Bar

For the last five years I have been driving past the North Star Drive-In.  These days, I drive past it everyday on my way to and from school.  I've never really thought twice about the place and have never been. 

It's a cute looking establishment though.  It's exterior walls are a dark blue and it has yellow stars painted on the sides, including a large star sticking out of the top of the roof.  You can only order from a window and then either eat at the picnic tables or take it away to eat.  It is only open in the warmer months, obviously, due to weather conditions. 

Recently a couple weeks back, Ace Burpee was talking about how you know it's warming up because the North Star Drive-In is opening.  It opened this week and yesterday when I drove by around 4 pm, there was about ten people getting food.  It always seems busy when I drive by. 

I googled it and there are a few reviews and blog posts that people have made regarding the good food they serve there.  I never knew this little place on McGregor St. was so popular.  They sell the staple fast food, such as burgers and fries, but it must be good. 

So my goal in these next few months is to stop by there one day and taste it for myself.


Hopefully the next few days of cold weather doesn't affect business.  But that's Winnipeg weather and I'm sure people wouldn't even mind eating a burger outside with some mittens; we're used to the crazy weather by now. 


Image credit: winnipegfreepress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment