Friday, September 11, 2009

First Blog Ever

This is my first blog that I have ever written. I never really got on the blog bandwagon, but I will now. Blogging is an interesting concept for me. It’s a bit like a journal, yet you are writing to the general public who may or may not read what you are writing. But enough about my thoughts on blogging, let’s get to the actual point of this blog.

It is officially day 11 as a student again, and it is definitely a transition. For three years I have been working full time, which meant a full time income. Going from five shifts a week of work to five days of school plus one day of work has been a difficult adjustment. For three years there was always disposable income at my fingertips whenever I felt like spending. However, that has all changed. Now I only work four times a month, and if you do the math, that is not a whole lot of cash.


I figured my first blog would be a little bit of an introduction into what my entries will be like. I’m sure many students are able to relate to my money woes.

What happens when you have bills from a life you lived before school that seems to follow you while you are in school?

How do you pay for them all and still have the cash to spend a bit on yourself?

Those are questions I wrestle with daily. So I figured that would make a good subject for a blog. I will discuss the lows and highs (if any) of having to live the next couple of years with a limited income while in school. I am sure I will always have something to say on the subject of living on a student salary. So stay tuned….

1 comment:

  1. On the positive side, you'll be so busy at school that you won't have much time to spend money!

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete