Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween on a Budget

CreComm - Section 1!


Hope everyone had a boo-tiful Halloween!

I love dressing up for Halloween. It's a fun thing to get all made up and be someone else for the day. I just want to say how great my classmates looked on Friday - great Halloween spirit! I expected nothing less of Section 1.


The thing with dressing up is that it can be very expensive. Party Stuff has some great costume ideas, however I do not have $70.00 or more that I can spend on a costume. Especially when I would only wear it once, because I never want to be the same thing the next year. I had a couple ideas for this Halloween; I wanted to be Snow White or a Rag Doll. Now with both of those costume, they are costume specific. But again, they were around $70 at Party Stuff, and I just didn't have that kind of cash. So for dressing up at school, I tried to think of things I had lying around at home. I decided that I was going to be a Mobster. I had a one-piece pant body suit that had sparkly pin stripes on it (old dance costume), which I threw a black suit jacket over. Then I borrowed a fedora and added some heels and red lipstick to complete the outfit. I didn't buy a toy gun, because I didn't really want to carry it around all day. I probably should have because some people thought I was Michael Jackson. It must have been the extremely sparkly pants I was wearing that made them think that. Anyways, it cost me nothing for my school costume.

Now last evening, my friends and I went to a social. We wanted to do a group costume, but no one could decide on what to be. As well, everyone was in the same boat as me and didn’t want to spend a bunch of money. So a few days ago, we decided to be a rainbow. I have six friends that I'm went with, so we were each a colour; I was turquoise. It was the perfect colour for me because I had shorts and a tank top that are turquoise. The only thing that I had to buy was turquoise tights and a blue wig, which cost me around $20 all together.

So it's always nice to buy a fancy costume and go all out with accessories. However, it's even more fun to make your costume. And needless to say, we looked like a pretty good rainbow....with a pot of gold and leprechaun to bring it all together!


The "pot of gold" was still doing her make-up



No comments:

Post a Comment