Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Does attractiveness rise above knowledge?

Here is the third webisode in the "Seattle Grace: Message of Hope" series.  This one is called "The Face".  In it, the PR woman decides to demote Dr. Kepner (the woman doctor), even though she knows everything that she needs to say, without any assistance.  The PR woman decides to go with Dr. Avery instead, because he has a prettier face to represent the hospital. 

My question: does the key message really get across to the audience in a better and more influential way if the subject is more attractive?  It seems a bit vain to me.  If the "prettier" subject doesn't know his or her information, then I think the message has the threat of getting lost or seem forced if you can tell it's read from cue cards.  I think that as long as you look and act professional and know your message, then people will listen to what you have to say, hopefully.

On a side note, they fit the sponsor Carmex, into the webisode quite nicely.  I always find it funny how blatantly obvious product placement is.  But I guess it works, because I remembered it!

No comments:

Post a Comment