Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The paddlewheel will spin no more...

It is the end of an era for me.

I heard today that the Paddlewheel Restaurant is closing at the Bay.  This makes me a bit sad.  Now I haven't been there in years, so why would I care?  Well let me tell you, the Paddlewheel holds many memories for me.  When I was little my grandma and I would always take the city bus downtown to the Bay to go shopping.  We would always stop and have lunch at the Paddlewheel Restaurant.  Now the only thing I remember of their food is fries and gravy (yum!) and that jello with the questionable "whip cream" on top of it. 

But, the best part of the restaurant is the turning paddlewheel.  I would always stop at it before I sat down and threw a penny into it
(it was the cool thing to do).

So even though I haven't visited the restaurant in awhile, it just brings me back to the fun afternoons I would have with my grandma. 

So long Paddlewheel Restaurant, I'm sure many people will miss you!

*images from Google image

No comments:

Post a Comment