Monday, May 31, 2010

Grammar Games: Not Only for Children!

Over the last couple of weeks in my intersession course, we have been talking about text shorthands.  We were discussing that people, especially the younger generation, use abbreviated words thanks to texting, Facebook, and Twitter.  That made me think about how I learned grammar growing up.  That thought then drifted to Sesame Street, which I remember watching all the time.  Now Sesame Street really only teaches numbers and the alphabet, but that is definitely a good foundation for grammar.  So it made me realize how much more enjoyable it is to learn something when fun is involved. 

I'm sure many people do not think of fun when it comes to grammar.  So here are a couple of sites which help learning about grammar a little more enjoyable.


http://www.yourdictionary.com/dictionary-articles/interactive-grammar-games.html


No matter how old you are, games are always fun.  And just think, you're not wasting time while playing these grammar games.  Instead, you're learning something you never knew or refreshing your memory!

So happy playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment