Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Because I care to send the very best...

I have a love for greetings cards.  It's a sickness really.  I can stand in the card aisle for way too long choosing a card for someone.  But I take my card picking seriously.  I have to find the exact right card that reflects the person I am giving it to.  My friends and family know of my sickness, and in result, appreciate the cards I give them.  My one friend hates receiving cards because she feels they are useless.  But from me?  She appreciates them because she knows the time I put into picking it out.  Some may call it crazy or obsessive.  Me? I call it normal.

That brings me to the point of this blog.  I was at Superstore on the weekend in the card aisle (of course) choosing three! birthday cards for my friends, which I can tell you took a little long.  Anyways, I came upon a section celebrating Hallmark's 100 years in the business.  They brought back some really old greeting cards that once were out (I'm talking 1940s old).  They just looked so different from the cards we have today.  Some were over-the-top, some were kinda creepily designed, but they were all absolutely fantastic.  They even had a little description on the back explaining the year the card came out and the reason behind the design.

I went to the Hallmark 100 years website and it is really neat.  It shows you some retro cards and a timeline from the past 100 years of Hallmark.  I tried to embed the slideshow of the cards through the years, but it was too big and I couldn't adjust the size.  So I definitely suggest that you visit the site.


I leave you with one of the cards that I chose for my friend.  I find it hilariously cheesy and perfect.

PS - it even played Hawaiian music!






No comments:

Post a Comment