Sunday, October 17, 2010

New Disney campaign makes me smile

Disney Parks launched a new campaign last month called "Let the Memories Begin".  Guests who visited the parks can upload their videos and photos from their trips to Disney.  The photos and videos will then be used in television ads, print, and online. 

I really like this campaign.  It connects everyday people, the guests, with the parks.  It helps to show how excited people of all ages can get when they find out they are going to experience a Disney park.  I never went as a child, but got the chance to go about three years ago.  And even though I was in my 20s, I was still extremely excited and had a blast. 

So the point is that you don't have to make a campaign flashy and expensive to be effective.  My first experience with this campaign was the commercial that I saw.  Every time I see it, it always make me smile because it's real people showing their real emotions.  I think it's very cute and effective. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great campaign that brings joy to my heart, and I've never even been to Disney World. An excellent real world example of both customer interactivity + taking an emotional root when writing ads.

    Plus the possibilites are endless. So much user generated content must be gold.


    The pizza kills me every time!

    ReplyDelete