Thursday, October 14, 2010

Grey's Anatomy & PR?

I enjoy certain TV shows that I watch every week. One of those shows is Grey's Anatomy. I have it on my Facebook feed because I had it as one of my favourite TV shows and then when things changed on Facebook, the group was added to my profile.

Anyways, I saw this new webisode series that started this week and will run for 6 consecutive weeks.

The reason I am posting it is because it's all about PR! A little background for those of you who don't watch. On the season finale last year, there was an irate husband of a woman who died in the hospital a few episodes back who opened fire in the hospital.  Let me tell you, it was an intense season finale!

Anyways, the hospital is dealing with the backlash and loss of credibility for the hospital. Though this is all fictitious, it is highly possible in everyday events, as we've seen through the media.

I watched the first webisode and it sort of highlights what we are going to be learning in the near future; media interviews. Dr. Webber (the doctor in this webisode) does not feel he needs any PR help and says "no comment" (GASP!) many times. The PR lady tries to help him by saying there needs to be a message sent out to the public.

I just thought it was a timely webisode series for all my PR classmates!

  
P.S - the video didn't work for me right away, so try a couple times if it doesn't


No comments:

Post a Comment