Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One thing I notice now that I didn't before CreComm

I was watching Modern Family tonight, which is a really funny show that I never paid enough attention to before.  I think it has done really well with ratings also.  What I did notice as I watched it was the filming style.  Of course I watch all TV shows with a critical eye now thanks to the training I received from CreComm haha.  Modern Family takes a non-traditional approach to filming and I think that's one of the reasons it works so well for them.  It's a prime time 30 minute show, but stands out from some of the others because of the documentary style filming.  It feels like the whole show is filmed with a free hand camera and often zooms in and out and pans quickly.  Although this might not work normally and may seem annoying, it actually works well with this show.  I'm not sure what makes it work so well, but I definitely noticed it and I like it! 

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment