Saturday, March 19, 2011

Shuffle, shuffle, buffalo, time step...uhh that's all I know

I am excited to get back to doing some of the activities I used to do before CreComm.  A couple years before I started CreComm I stopped dancing.  Before I had stopped, I had danced for about 16 years or so.  My main focus was jazz, but I always wished I took ballet, which I never did.  Being en pointe was always a dream of mine, but will never happen now.  I am no longer as flexible as I used to be and I injured my knee one year at a dance convention, so my days as a serious dancer are no longer. 

However, I still love it so much.  So I was thinking of taking a tap class at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet.  They offer an adult tap class and it's something I've always been interested in, but never really pursued.  The great thing about tap is that you can do it at any age, you don't have to be super flexible, and it's great exercise. 

So I'm excited to try something new, but also continue my love for dance through a new way.  When CreComm is done, I will have my nights free and I think I will go crazy if I don't find activities to fill them.  Going from homework all evening to doing absolutely nothing is a huge change, so I'm starting to fill my social life again.  I can't wait!

Maybe some day I will be as good as these guys...highly unlikely though.

1 comment:

  1. How about clogging? Very similar to tap but the clogs taps are 'loose' on the toe and heel and so make more noise. Check out Dare to Clog on the web. The classes are great and inexpensive adn the instructor Darolyn is awesome. Onceyou get better as a beginner, you can stay for as long as you like that evening - someitmes getting 2 - 3 hours of dance for one low price. and she also does pay-as-you-go, so you can see if it's something you really want to pursue.

    ReplyDelete